PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
PS CS6 and Yosemite
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Unkei

PS Version: CS6 (Stand Alone Version)

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 1:31 pm    Post subject: PS CS6 and Yosemite Reply with quote

Hi,
Does anyone know if PS CS6 is compatible with Yosemite OSX?
Thanks,
Unkei

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:12 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Unkei,

I am seeing mixed messages on this, but this post seems credible and indicates that it does (though you may need to install a thing or two): http://blog.conradchavez.com/2014/10/16/os-x-10-10-yosemite-will-adobe-software-work/

Hope that helps.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Unkei

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:53 pm    Post subject: PS CS6 and Yosemite Reply with quote

Hi Patrick,
Thanks for the response. Unfortunately, that seems to address only CC software, and I opted for the stand alone version of CS6. I am aware that there will be no updates available, but I was able to purchase it new at my computer store for only $300, so figured I could live with that. I can also live with Maverick, if Yosemite could be a problem! I just don't want to lose my CS6 functionality, since it's pretty much all I use my MacBook Pro for.
I did stupid with the IOS 8 and 8.1 upgrades on my iPad Mini, and it caused huge problems...and there is no going back to the 7.xx version of IOS. And my iPad is my day to day personal assistant, which in my doddering old age, I cannot live without! Suffer from CRS Syndrome!
Anyway..thanks again,
Unkei

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 4:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Unkei,

Thank you for the note. I was referring to this portion of the post:

Quote:
Photoshop: The Photoshop team has published their own blog post ... (i)n it they say that they tested Photoshop CS6 ... and found no issues.

But looking at it now, I see I should have linked to the blog post the author of the article linked to. :)

http://blogs.adobe.com/crawlspace/2014/10/photoshop-and-mac-osx-10-10-yosemite.html

In this post, Adobe says that they have tested Photoshop CS6 (13.0.6; 13.1.2) and there were no issues.

Does that provide the info you were looking for?

Sorry to hear about the iPad upgrades. I've been helping my younger brother out with his and have been pretty frustrated.

Thanks,

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Unkei

PostPosted: Mon Oct 27, 2014 7:58 pm    Post subject: PS CS6 and Yosemite Reply with quote

Hi Patrick,
Thanks for the new link. Read it and it seems OK, but then I read all the comments. Still think I'll wait a bit! Yeah, I still have major issues with my iPad Mini. My wife suggested just buying a new Mini, but I'm pretty sure they'll come with IOS 8 or latest IOS. Because my Mini is my lifeline, I would buy a new one if it had any IOS prior to 8. I am truly that desparate!
Anyway, thanks for your help. I do appreciate all the time you've taken.
Unkei

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Thu Oct 30, 2014 3:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

kadapps

PostPosted: Sat Nov 15, 2014 11:46 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeah sure it work i tried it in my Mac Yosemite and Now i am Using Photoshop CC Its work great !
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: