PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Type Text In Box, Entire Box Turns Red Tint?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Necrosaro420

PostPosted: Mon Nov 27, 2006 7:31 pm    Post subject: Type Text In Box, Entire Box Turns Red Tint? Reply with quote

When I try to type into a new box, the entire box has a red tent to it. How can I stop this? Thanks!

grannygeek

PostPosted: Sat Dec 02, 2006 2:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sounds like you have it in quick mask mode..Under the color boxes in the tool palette are two squares..The second one is for quick mask..Click the first one..

Necrosaro420

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 10:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to dig up my old dead post, but this is happening again and above does not correct it. Any ideas how ot fix this? Every time I try to enter text, the edges of the text is surrounded/selected with lines going around it....how do I stop that and have it stop turning my image red, it isnt even using the correct colors that I set it at.

Thanks!

Heres an image of what its doing!

Necrosaro420

PostPosted: Sun Aug 26, 2007 11:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Also selecting the T and making sure it is set to horizontal (non mask) does not work either.

UPDATE: Screen no longer turns red, but now all the colors are messed up....Regardless of what color I set text to, it types it in red!

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Mon Aug 27, 2007 4:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Do these symptoms still exist if you try to type in a new fresh document?
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

ThickPainting

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:29 pm    Post subject: How to Get Rid of Red filter when Typing? Reply with quote

Yes, the whole doc still turns red and types white even when opening a new doc. I can't find mask, and was already on RGB to begin with. Bringing in a new doc that did work before is ruined with the new settings when I click with the type tool in it. What did I do to ruin it and how to get rid of this red filter? Thanks for any help!

ThickPainting

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 4:34 pm    Post subject: Figured It Out! Reply with quote

Ahhhhh! Just figured it out! (whew) For me, this worked:

Right-click the type tool to UNSELECT "Horizontal Type Mask Tool," the 3rd one down, by selecting the first normal option, "Horizontal Type Tool."

I have not been able to figure this one out for years! Now I can finally write the answer in my list of how to fix things in Photoshop!

Thanks for this forum. Glad to find it (this forum) and maybe it will help me in the future now.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Oct 24, 2014 6:06 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for sharing, ThickPainting. :) Welcome.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: