PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help: Photograph to drawing of coins
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Knockabout

PostPosted: Thu Nov 27, 2014 5:51 am    Post subject: Help: Photograph to drawing of coins Reply with quote

Hello
I am a relatively newbie in photoshop, and I have a problem/question I was hoping someone here could help me with. Any help would be much appreciated.
I collect old hammered coins, and I am wondering if it possible to convert a real photograph of a coin into a simplified drawing? I have tried to follow some photo-to-drawing tutorials, but none of them gives the results I am hoping for (there is also a big difference between the quality of the initial photographs).

I would like to be able to find a picture online of a really nice looking coin. Then convert this picture into a "standard" drawing which I can hold my own (often not so great looking) coin up against. I can find many such standard drawings (made by hand) already, but not for all my coins unfortunately.
I am hoping for a tutorial which is pretty much just a series of "clicks" so to say. I am not sure if it is at all possible to do, but I think it could be - for someone who knows Photoshop. I have attached an example of some standard drawings as well as two real coins I would like to turn into drawings.
Obviously, I realize that with an automated fashion one can never get the same precision as a hand-drawn picture, but I hoping for something which at least gives a good idea of how a perfect coin should look as a drawing.

K1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  87.62 KB
 Viewed:  357 Time(s)

K1.jpg

F1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  39.15 KB

F1.jpg

Drawings.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  62.23 KB

Drawings.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: