PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to snap to bigger pixels?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

outcast

PostPosted: Fri Aug 22, 2014 5:37 am    Post subject: How to snap to bigger pixels? Reply with quote

I think this is fairly basic but I just cant find any info that works for me. I am doing some pixelart for a game, but I am using a pixelsize of 2x2 pixels. I want the pixels to always line up perfectly. The way I used to do this before when needing a bit bigger pixelart was to do the regular 1x1 pixels and then scale it up to double size when done. But that is much extra work.

Is there any way I can use a 2x2 pixelbrush and still have it line up?
I have tried to mess with grid but I cant get it to work right.
In this picture for example you can see that a pixel have been missplaced where I have circled: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4047131/MyPublic/2014-08-22_133339.png

So basically I want to only be able to paint in whole 2x2 pixels and not have a part of the grid being painted.. I hope that makes sense, sorry for not being able to explain better :/

Beekeeper

PS Version: Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 1:08 am    Post subject: Re: How to snap to bigger pixels? Reply with quote

outcast wrote:
I think this is fairly basic but I just cant find any info that works for me. I am doing some pixelart for a game, but I am using a pixelsize of 2x2 pixels. I want the pixels to always line up perfectly. The way I used to do this before when needing a bit bigger pixelart was to do the regular 1x1 pixels and then scale it up to double size when done. But that is much extra work.

Is there any way I can use a 2x2 pixelbrush and still have it line up?
I have tried to mess with grid but I cant get it to work right.
In this picture for example you can see that a pixel have been missplaced where I have circled: https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/4047131/MyPublic/2014-08-22_133339.png

So basically I want to only be able to paint in whole 2x2 pixels and not have a part of the grid being painted.. I hope that makes sense, sorry for not being able to explain better :/

Is the dotted lines are Grid or Pixel Grid?
Either way you can use the Snap option under View menu. or you should use illustrator it is much easier and faster, then bring it to photoshop as a shape layer.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: