PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Is there a way to darken part of a person's face?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Th55

PostPosted: Tue Dec 09, 2014 7:13 pm    Post subject: Is there a way to darken part of a person's face? Reply with quote

I took a pretty good picture after I had just been out in the sun but I had raccoon eyes from having sunglasses on. Great pic and would love to use it as my profile pic on social media but these white circles around my eyes stand out.

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Dec 10, 2014 5:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum, this technique will have to be adjusted with masks and perhaps cloning/healing.

Culled from this thread: Tan Lines

New curves adjustment layer.

Select the layer, not the mask.

Select the white point eyedropper tool, double click to go into choosing a default white point, and pick a colour in the image that is the tanned part.

Confirm that you want to change the default white point.
Now click white point eyedropper tool once to choose it, and select the light portion of the skin.

Mask as needed.

Th55

PostPosted: Fri Dec 12, 2014 9:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
Welcome to the forum, this technique will have to be adjusted with masks and perhaps cloning/healing.

Culled from this thread: Tan Lines

New curves adjustment layer.

Select the layer, not the mask.

Select the white point eyedropper tool, double click to go into choosing a default white point, and pick a colour in the image that is the tanned part.

Confirm that you want to change the default white point.
Now click white point eyedropper tool once to choose it, and select the light portion of the skin.

Mask as needed.

As dumb as this sounds I didn't realize this forum was exclusively for Adobe Photoshop....how much can I get this software for, is there a free trial version? Is there other less expensive software I could accomplish the same thing with? Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: