PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
PS CS6: Texture Painting on a 3d model
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ganesh Ujwal

PostPosted: Wed Jan 07, 2015 9:06 pm    Post subject: PS CS6: Texture Painting on a 3d model Reply with quote

I've been using Photoshop proper for quite a while, but have just recently started working with the 3d aspect.

I have some tileable 2d images as source (human skin) and some importable 3d models with uv maps (human body). What i want to do is paint the 2d onto the 3d but not in a 1:1 size ratio. If I just plonk a texture in as a diffuse, it covers the whole body with one iteration of the texture.

My experience with photoshop says that I need to create a material > diffuse using my source 2d image(s) tiled however many times and brush it on as needed. If at some point I need to scale the material, then I'd need to basically remake the source 2d.

This however seems old-school, and google is happy to show me results for painting solid colors (not what I need). Is there a better way using current features? If there were a tutorial somewhere out on the web, I'd be happy to see it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: