PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Looking for help changing DPI on 6 images.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

dworrellatc

PostPosted: Mon Jan 12, 2015 6:57 pm    Post subject: Looking for help changing DPI on 6 images. Reply with quote

I am looking for some help. My girlfriend is getting some research published in a scientific journal and the editors want the pictures in a 300 DPI JPEG or TIFF (they are currently 96 DPI). Neither of us have photoshop or any experience working with digital images.

I would really appreciate a good internet Samaritan being able to help her out. If anyone is interested and able to help, I would appreciate if you email me. My email is dworrellatc@gmail.com

Thanks!
Dominic

Last edited by dworrellatc on Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:42 pm; edited 1 time in total

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 4:44 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya,

What's the original measurements of the photos in pixels?
This all will determine the resolution of which it will be printed on paper.

Eg. I have a 15MP photo of 5000 by 3000 pixels, if I were to publish this photo in a maxazine on a size of 5x3 inches, the DPI of the photo as printed would be 1000dpi, 500dpi on a 10x6 size etc.

Meaning the DPI will vary based on the photo's size and the size it's to be printed on. If the photo on its current size in pixels and printed results in a 96 DPI image, I'd say the difference is too big to work it up to a 300dpi image. But if the DPI as displayed by windows or alike is 96dpi, it might very well be that the picture will be printed on a 300dpi resolution in the publication.

dworrellatc

PostPosted: Wed Jan 14, 2015 12:40 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Rarity wrote:
Hiya,

What's the original measurements of the photos in pixels?
This all will determine the resolution of which it will be printed on paper.

Eg. I have a 15MP photo of 5000 by 3000 pixels, if I were to publish this photo in a maxazine on a size of 5x3 inches, the DPI of the photo as printed would be 1000dpi, 500dpi on a 10x6 size etc.

Meaning the DPI will vary based on the photo's size and the size it's to be printed on. If the photo on its current size in pixels and printed results in a 96 DPI image, I'd say the difference is too big to work it up to a 300dpi image. But if the DPI as displayed by windows or alike is 96dpi, it might very well be that the picture will be printed on a 300dpi resolution in the publication.
I downloaded GIMP and stumbled my way through figuring it out. Thanks though!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: