PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How do I move a layer 1/2 pixel?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Larry

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 8:55 am    Post subject: How do I move a layer 1/2 pixel? Reply with quote

I'm making a YouTube channel cover art for a friend and I need to move a rectangle by 1/2 pixel. How do I do that? See the image below, and you'll understand why. Thank you.

d^_^b

PS Version: CC 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 5:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Creating the two layers as requested

White 500x400
Red 500x149

Layer > Align Layers to Selection > Vertical Centers

Setting the ruler to pixels, the top part of the red layer is at 126 pixels and the bottom part of the red layer is at 275 pixels

Pixels.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  134.95 KB
 Viewed:  381 Time(s)

Pixels.png

Larry

PS Version: CS5

PostPosted: Mon Jan 19, 2015 9:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks for your help, but that doesn't solve my problem at all.

For the red to be perfectly centered, the top part of the red layer would need to be at 125.5 pixels and the bottom part would need to be at 125.5+149=274.5 pixels. So, in your illustration, the red would have to be moved up 1/2 pixel to achieve this. As I explained in my last post, what you achieved would be the result of using the normal Photoshop commands.

So, you have the top of the red layer at 126 pixels. And you say that the bottom of the red layer is at 275 pixels. So the distance between the bottom of the red layer and the bottom of the white layer is 400-275=125 pixels. So your red layer is not centered vertically, as I explained it would not be. It needs to be moved up by 1/2 pixel to be centered.

Do you know how to move the red layer up 1/2 pixel, which was my question in my first post? The red will not be centered exactly until it is moved up 1/2 pixel.

Thanks again for your help, and I hope you can figure this out for me.

Larry

d^_^b

PS Version: CC 2014

PostPosted: Tue Jan 20, 2015 3:29 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

My apologies, I thought you simply wanted me to try to reproduce your findings. Having re-read your request;

"Can you do this for me and tell me if you can move the red rectangle up 1/2 pixel by trying any of those suggestions"

you were after a fix.

If you've already tried the suggestions I posted above, to no avail, I'm not sure it's worth me following the same suggestions, leading to the same results. I'll give it a shot and if I find a solution, I'll hit you back, just to chat, truly yours, your biggest fan, this is d^_^b.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: