PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
How to save file as PDF in 100% Black
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

PoBear90

PostPosted: Tue Feb 24, 2015 10:40 am    Post subject: How to save file as PDF in 100% Black Reply with quote

Hello

This is a great forum and I thought someone here must know the answer to this.

The printer I am sending files to wants everything to be in 100% black. The file I work on in Photoshop has to be in color, but the black has to be 100% black and the file saved in PDF format.

I have tried and tried different ways. Making my workspace CYMK, changing the black to 100% black by reducing the percents to 0 except for black. When saving the file I tried to edit the way it is saved and making the K 100%. It didn't work. The printer still comes back and says it is not 100% black.

Any help at all would be awesome!

Thank you

thehermit

PostPosted: Wed Feb 25, 2015 10:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

This should un-muddy the water.

PoBear90

PostPosted: Sun Mar 01, 2015 1:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
This should un-muddy the water.

Hello

Thank you for the assistance. I was able to learn a bit more about all this.

However my problem still stands. The printer we are working with must have a PDF file that contains color, but shows 100% black.

I have tried bringing in other documents that were assumed to be in 100% black. After saving them from my Photoshop to PDF in CMYK working space, they are no longer 100% black.

I am not checking for the 100%, it is the printer, so I don't know how to check for it. I would like to have the software.

Other things I have attempted are, color ranging what I believe to be black in a color image, then, with the brush I paint over it with 100% black. That is to say I re paint it using 100% black.

When I make a document from scratch and save it to PDF, the printer says it is 100% black. The problem seems to be that bringing other images into Photoshop is causing them to either become something other than 100% or need to be converted to 100% black.

This is causing a lot of problems for me and my boss. I am one of the quickest at making the designs and putting together what he needs. But since I haven't been able to figure this 100% black thing, he has to go to other, slower to say the least, artists. It is costing him money.

Any help at all is welcome.

Thank you!!!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: