PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can't get highest quality .png image!?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ENERGY

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 12:16 am    Post subject: Can't get highest quality .png image!? Reply with quote

Hi guys, I actually purchased some graphics from a designer and he sent me the .psd's files.

I edited them, but when I Save these files, they save at about, 181kb for example, for a Banner header.

HOWEVER, the EXACT same banner header he sent me, in .png format (not .psd), was 557kb file size from him.

How on earth is this possible? He is using photoshop CC while I am using photoshop CS5. I tried both "save as" and "save for web" png 24 with the highest setting but to no avail. 8 bit mode.

Does a bigger file size mean better quality??? What am I doing wrong ? (not using interlaced)

dennybeall

PostPosted: Sun Mar 08, 2015 7:45 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

If he is using a feature of CC that was not available with CS5 then that part of the file will not come through. Not sure how this works with PS. I'm familiar with the process as regards word, Powerpoint, etc.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: