PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
CS3 purchasing advice needed
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

SammyT

PostPosted: Wed Mar 04, 2015 1:29 pm    Post subject: CS3 purchasing advice needed Reply with quote

Hi, first post here. I do mostly Rapidograph inking on bristol, then scan that and color it on Photoshop.

I'd been using CS on a Powermac G5 dual 2.0 GHz 8 GB RAM and it worked nicely until the G5 died. So I bought a beat up 2.4 GHz Macbook Pro (mid 2010) 4 GB RAM that works fine with external monitor, keyboard and mouse.

The Macbook runs slowly running CS, and that seems to be because CS is made for Powermacs and it needs a translator program (Rosetta) that slows it down big time.

From what I've read, the cheapest solution for me is to find a version of Photoshop CS3 as it's made for Intel. Please correct me if I've got anything wrong here.

So I look on eBay and it's confusing. The most common version I see is bundled with Adobe Creative Suite 3 and less often I see Photoshop CS3 sold alone.

I understand that only a set amount (2?) of people can get authorized to use Photoshop CS3. Is it taking a huge risk buying a used version from someone you don't know?

Any info on this would be great. My art is pretty analog and don't really need any of the "advancements" offered after CS.

Thanks

SammyT

PostPosted: Fri Mar 13, 2015 9:53 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

resolved
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: