PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Re painting a train
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

brandon2k1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 4:38 am    Post subject: Re painting a train Reply with quote

Hi All

I am quite new to photoshop and have only been dabbling for a short while!

I am a bit of a train enthusiast and would really like to improve my skills so I can repaint trains similar to those seen on

http://www.fictitiousliveries.co.uk/

I am particularly interested in re painting the attached image.

So far I have just been creating a new shape and painting it in the new colours I require but that loses the textures and reflections that exist on the current image.

Is someone able to give me a starting point or point me in the direction of a tutorial which would help me replace the livery in the attached image purely with a new solid colour yet retain the texture of the image to maintain an element of realism?

Any thoughts would be greatly appreciated.

Thanks.

pendo.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  68.45 KB
 Viewed:  456 Time(s)

pendo.jpg

d^_^b

PS Version: CC 2014

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

brandon2k1

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 6:39 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thanks for the quick reply. I have attempted this approach before. This issue arises when I want all the individual sections to be the same colour.

For example ideally I would like the red, grey, white and black sections on the side of the train to all be one solid colour. Do you think there is a clever way to achieve this or do I just have to cut out each individual section and alter the colour as best as possible?

Thanks.

d^_^b

PS Version: CC 2014

PostPosted: Thu Apr 02, 2015 7:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Read up on or watch videos on the Quick Selection Tool, to help you quickly select areas.

Also read up on / watch videos about Curves. Curves can be used to change colours. Also try some of the other colour adjustment options under the Image menu > Adjustments.

Before or after you have a selection, you can duplicate the layer, invert the selection and delete the area you did not select. Clear the selection then create a curves adjustment mask - Layer menu > New Adjustment Layer > Curves. Depending on the colour you'd like to adjust, select either RGB, R, G and B and drag the line around.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: