PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
CS6 & CS3 Registration, Deactivate & Updates are gra
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jarhtmd

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:41 am    Post subject: CS6 & CS3 Registration, Deactivate & Updates are gra Reply with quote

I just discovered that in my Photoshop CS6, under "Help"; "Product Registration", "Deactivate" and "Updates" are grayed out. I have a legal CD & serial# (& Adobe receipt/packing list). When someone else reinstalled Windows7 for me (12-04-12), he also reinstalled CS6. Actually, CS3 Extended was also installed then & the same "Help" items are grayed out in CS3. Since we had discussed deactivate/uninstall, etc at the time I assumed then all that was done properly. According to https://accounts.adobe.com my CS6 (version 13.0, not latest version) serial# was registered on 11-26-12 & CS3 (version 10.0) was registered on 6-27-07 . . . . both BEFORE Windows7 and CS6 were reinstalled. CS3 isn't really very important to me now since I have CS6, but back then I wanted to keep some actions, etc until I learned how to transfer them over. I think all that's done now.

I just discovered these missing entries after I couldn't open jpg files in camera raw. I got "Camera Raw is not enabled. Camera Raw editing requires that a qualifying product has been launched at least once to enable this feature." I rarely use Camera Raw (apparently, the last time was over 2 years ago).

I'm thinking that I need to uninstall/reinstall CS6, but I'm don't understand how the registration/activation process works. I'm afraid that reinstalling will appear to Adobe to be installing on another computer. CS6 is currently installed only on my desktop, but I'd like to keep the registration "clean" in case I want to also install it on my laptop (where only CS3 resides now) or maybe I'll get another desktop computer.

Since these features aren't available to me within the program, what should I do? Can Adobe be contacted by phone? email? Is there a chat line or whatever? I'd really like to talk to a live person, to be able to fully discuss & understand the problem/solution so that I don't complicate things further. I'm afraid to just play around with uninstalling/reinstalling. If my reinstall and/or activation gets rejected, I'm totally screwed. At least, now I have a "mostly OK" running version of CS6.

If I do have to uninstall/reinstall, which "Preferences" or whatever (actions, plug-in folders, etc) should I save prior to uninstalling?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: