PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
recover old photo from a scan
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

evnee

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 4:55 am    Post subject: recover old photo from a scan Reply with quote

hello. my name's Charlie and i'm an enthusiast of old family photos. i know some tricks to make the dots disappear when i have a source photo, but this time i've got a big problem. a family member sent me his old scan of his grandfather lost photo. i've tried various methods but nothing had an effect i wished to achieve. i'm looking for some support or help maybe any of you can help me with removing the paper texture from this ? its really low res, but it's an old scan

looking forward to your response

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:11 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ask your relation to scan it at different angles, so 180, 90, 45 etc and then you amalgamate the results in to one image and go from there. As for removing any continuous pattern residual in the image, try an FFT filter for PS.

evnee

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thehermit wrote:
Ask your relation to scan it at different angles, so 180, 90, 45 etc and then you amalgamate the results in to one image and go from there. As for removing any continuous pattern residual in the image, try an FFT filter for PS.

it is impossible due the lost of a photo... thats why i'm trying to recover it from an old scan

Iain

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sat Apr 04, 2015 9:36 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wonder if recolorising it may help
What do you think Hermit ?

thehermit

PostPosted: Mon Apr 06, 2015 8:40 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I think it would be worth a shot Iain. Probably still run the FFT filter first and see where that takes you and then colourise (sympathetically of course). If colouring don't go down the two tone route, every object in the scene will have multiple shades.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: