PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help Placing Watermarks
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Larksmann

PostPosted: Tue Apr 07, 2015 2:07 pm    Post subject: Help Placing Watermarks Reply with quote

Hi,

I have an action that places two watermarks on an image - one the the bottom left, and one in the bottom center.

The problem is that I'm getting photos from a variety of different photographers, and not all the photos are the same aspect ratio. To make matters worse, some photographers are cropping before they send me their photos without retaining their original aspect ratio. So I have photos with many different aspect ratios, not just a 2 or 3 different ones.

When I recorded my action for placing the watermarks (via File > Place), I set the reference point, thinking that the reference point would be recorded with the action and my lower-left watermark would end up in the lower-left corner no matter the dimensions of the photo. However, the reference point is ignored by the recorded action and an absolute translation is used. This results in the lower-left watermark being the same distance from the center, no matter how wide the image is.

Please help! Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: