PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Colour replacement tool problems!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

misty_moo

PostPosted: Wed Apr 08, 2015 5:36 am    Post subject: Colour replacement tool problems! Reply with quote

Hi there - I would really appreciate your help!!
I know that the colour replacement tool is dependent on the brightness and colour of the source, but I really need to change a large portion of the cream building on this image to a darkish green colour. As expected, the green I pick comes out much lighter when using the colour replacement tool. It is only for a rough mock-up so it doesn't have to be perfect, but I need to give my director an idea of what paint choices to make...
Any tips would be much appreciated!
Thanks a lot,
Misty x

building.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  69.36 KB
 Viewed:  515 Time(s)

building.jpg

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Fri Apr 10, 2015 12:55 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, select t the area you want to be green, you can use an array of selection tools for this but I prefer to use the quick selection tool, pen tool or magnetic lasso tool maybe, once you've got all the areas covered, you need to create new fill or adjustment layer, choose solid colour, choose the green you would like to use, change the layer blending modde to Overlay and then fudge around with the colour til it's right :)

building_389.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  75.21 KB
 Viewed:  493 Time(s)

building_389.jpg

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: