PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
CSH file - is it possible to convert it to vector format?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Fraser

PostPosted: Mon Mar 30, 2015 3:39 pm    Post subject: CSH file - is it possible to convert it to vector format? Reply with quote

Hi guys!

So I have gotten my hands on a set of beautiful .CSH shapes for silhouettes of people. It's a great selection and very useful to me as an Architecture student.

I have been able to import them into Photoshop using the 'Custom Shape' tool, so I can use them in Photoshop.

Here's the problem.

I want to be able to use them in Illustrator and Rhino as well, so I'd like to be able to convert the .CSH file into a some vector format.

Yes, it is possible to just do my work in Photoshop, but it would be MUCH easier and MUCH faster to be able to use these shapes in vector format in Illustrator or Rhino.

Yes, I can export them to a vector format individually, but this would require that I place each shape in a blank Photoshop file and then export them ...... there are over 2,000 shapes, so it would take forever just to place them.

TL;DR - My Main Question:

Is it possible to directly convert a .CSH file to another format (any vector format)?

It IS possible to convert a vector file to a .CSH, so it should be possible to do the reverse, I assume.

Thanks for your help guys :)

Fraser

PostPosted: Thu Apr 09, 2015 9:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Can anyone help me out with this problem?

M6

PostPosted: Mon Apr 13, 2015 3:33 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I guess this recently released Photoshop script may be useful:

Convert Custom Shapes File to SVG Set

HTH...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: