PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Improve performance with an external thunderbolt SSD
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

vitinx

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 5:54 am    Post subject: Improve performance with an external thunderbolt SSD Reply with quote

Hello all.

I have a performance issue with my Photoshop and I would like to get some kind of help. Currently I have a 27" iMac, i7 3,5ghz, 16GB Ram and 3TB HD... However, the performace of photoshop working with big files is not really good. I have tried many things and recommendations already but the performance is always the same.

However, I have read in Internet that getting an external thunderbolt SSD could figure out the problem (The option to buy an internal SSD is totally discarded.). The idea is to purchase one of this external thundebold SSD (around 300E) and import within this disk the images I am working with. Once I have finished my retouching process I could move every file to my general storage 3TB internal disk in order to have there all the files (RAW, PSD and JPG). If I need to retouch again a TIF I could move it back to the SSD, work there, finish the process and move it back again to the 3TB HD.

What do you think about this idea?

Thanks in advance for all your help and sorry for my english level if many errors were done.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: