PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
CS6 Make Selection doesn't work.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

TheThrasher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:33 am    Post subject: CS6 Make Selection doesn't work. Reply with quote

So me and my friend started using photoshop a little yesterday and I wanted to try some of the tools. I wanted to cut out a part of an image and put it somewhere else in the picture so I took the Pen Tool and selected the area I wanted to cut out and then right click in the area and pressed Make Selection. But most of the times, nothing happens when I press it. Sometimes on rare occasions it does. Anyone knows what I am doing wrong? As said I am using Photoshop CS6 with Windows 7 Home Premium.

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 2:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Once you've pressed make selection, you then have to go to Edit, Copy (or cut if you want to remove the selection) and then Edit, Paste and move it where you want it.

Hope that makes sense :)

TheThrasher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

SC Photo Designs wrote:
Once you've pressed make selection, you then have to go to Edit, Copy (or cut if you want to remove the selection) and then Edit, Paste and move it where you want it.

Hope that makes sense :)

Well, the issue is that the selection never happens. This is what happens almost all the time:
http://gyazo.com/2e44618bb583f4cdefac8a98c16fa2f2

TheThrasher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 4:01 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've tried resetting the tool and all other tools and still doesn't work.

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oooh, I have no idea then. I'm sure someone on here will answer you shortly though :) I will take a better look into it later on and get back to you if I find anything out

TheThrasher

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 1:38 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

SC Photo Designs wrote:
Oooh, I have no idea then. I'm sure someone on here will answer you shortly though :) I will take a better look into it later on and get back to you if I find anything out

Yeah, hopefully someone can help. I don't know why this happens. Me and my friend uses the same version and he never faced this issue. We run the same OS as well.

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Wed Jul 08, 2015 3:28 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Are you right clicking inside the selection then choosing "make selection"? or are you choosing Make-Selection from the path tab at the top?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: