PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Please forgive me...newbie to forums
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

gayleigh357

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 7:01 am    Post subject: Please forgive me...newbie to forums Reply with quote

I am in need of instructions to make a box. Sounds simple right I am new to photoshop and forums. No I haven't lived in a cave :) I am a photogrpaher and use lightroom mostly. I have requested the instructions from Facebook group but it was suggested that I make a box from mdf for my purpose. It would be to heavy and time consuming so I came here! I will add a photo of what I have in mind. Any help would be greatly appreciated! If you think I can not handle the instructions and are so kind as to make one that can be changed size wise that would be awesome! I have several other photogs who would be interested in it as well. I would be willing to pay a small fee for it as well. I'm looking for a rectangular one and a square on. I hope this photo is acttached?!

Box for photos.png
 Description:
 Filesize:  88.04 KB
 Viewed:  475 Time(s)

Box for photos.png

d^_^b

PS Version: CC 2014

PostPosted: Sat Aug 08, 2015 4:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

This Guide takes you through the Shape and Transform & Perspective tools in Photoshop, to draw a box.

Open your image in Photoshop

Click the Image menu > Image Size. Set the resolution to 300.

Click the Layer menu > Duplicate Layer. Click OK. Press V on your keyboard and use the Up cursor key. This way you can view a copy of the image as you draw over the original.

Right click the Shape icon and select the Rectangle tool.

Choose your Fill colour.

Draw your background rectangle. If you need to adjust it - make it wider, taller, shorter etc. right-cick the rectangle and select Free Transform Path, drag any of the handles and press Enter to apply the change.

Draw your right rectangle.

Right-click it and select Free Transform Path. Right-click again and select Perspective. Click the top left corner, drag it down and press Enter.

Click Layer > Duplicate Layer. Click OK

Click Edit > Transform Path > Flip Horizontal.

Press V on your keyboard and move the layer to the left.

Draw your top rectangle. Transform its Perspective by dragging the one of the bottom corners inwards and press Enter.

Duplicate the top rectangle, flip it vertically and move it to the bottom.

Select Rectangle 1 layer. Right click it, select Blending Options > Inner Glow. Pick a grey colour, set the opacity to around 48 and the size to around 100.

Right-click Rectangle 1 > Copy Layer Style. Right click another rectangle layer and select Paste Layer Style. Do the same for the other rectangles.

Mess around with the Inner Shadow settings until you're happy with the shading.

You can transform the size of the box if you desire. To do so, hold down Shift and click each rectangle layer. Then click the Edit menu > Free Transform. Reshape it as desired and press Enter.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: