PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Can this photo be fixed?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

gojerry

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 5:56 pm    Post subject: Can this photo be fixed? Reply with quote

Hello to all in this forum

I have few photos taken with wrong white balance set up on camera

all similar to the picture ( link attached here)

[url]http://jmp.sh/v/dMxTCkuGzcJzTorcRrbA[/url]

Can it be corrected?? with good results???

I did try in photoshop 6 using curves and thresholds.. but having hard time finding neutral grey areas on these photos.. my results are not very good??!!

original images are PNG
taken with LG smart phone 10Mp 16:9 format auto settings WRONG set up of white balance

any way to correct photos like this one with good results??

thank you

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Thu Sep 03, 2015 11:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hiya, if you're wanting the toning corrected then I believe I can do this for you, if you'd like to email me and I'll work on them :) pictureperfectuk@email.com
Thanks,
Sarah

gojerry

PostPosted: Fri Sep 04, 2015 8:53 am    Post subject: Thanks, Sarah Reply with quote

SC Photo Designs wrote:
Hiya, if you're wanting the toning corrected then I believe I can do this for you, if you'd like to email me and I'll work on them :) pictureperfectuk@email.com
Thanks,
Sarah

Thank you , Sarah... I do not want you to spend time on fixing these photos.. not that important images. and the compositions are not that good either... I just wanted to know how to correct pictures like this....at least to remove the blue tint... I did try finding blacks/ whites and true midtones using THRESHOLD and CURVES layers, but cannot get good results.. mostly because... I cannot find good midtones grey in those images....ANY OTHER TECHNIQUE

also a half of the image is overexposed and the hills in the background lacking details...which probably has something to do with the camera / smart phone I used..and the light conditions.. heavy overcast with spots of sun light getting thru in certain areas

just wanted to know what method to use to improve pictures like this one

for the overexposed front of the image and underexposed back ( hills).. maybe using " magic wand" ( select) the back area) ..then use some exposure correction on that area... then invert... and work on the overexposed front of the image... WOULD SOMETHING LIKE THAT WORK??? in photoshop??

Thanks Sarah
Wave

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Sat Sep 05, 2015 12:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I normally correct toning using Levels, hue and saturation, or colour balance, and sometimes if the image has too much blue tone in it, or another colour, I will add a colour overlay on top of the background layer, and fade it out as much as needed. With regards to the clouds, if the sky is so exposed that there is no detail there, because it's such a light colour, there is nothing you can do with the exposure correction, however, you can add your own clouds and blend them into the image :)

cyberwasp

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2016 12:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Go Jerry, try this. Open the photo as background layer. then open a curves adjustment layer. Choose the white eyedropper and click on the left edge of the white cabana, or whatever that white roofed object is, check my marked copy of your photo. it will gt you started
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: