PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
A humble submission.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

K_Hon68

PostPosted: Mon Jan 24, 2005 9:59 pm    Post subject: A humble submission. Reply with quote

Hi.

First time poster.

I'm not a designer, an artist, or anything like that. I'm simply a guy who received Photoshop as a Birthday present a couple of years ago. I had a bunch of comics, so that's what I used to practice. Anyways, after much experimentation, I developed a method to improve the look of images from comic books which I had scanned into my computer. The following image was taken from the Superman-The Darkness collaboration. Please let me know what you think.

cyborg

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 1:54 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats actually not that bad...what did you do to get that effect???

K_Hon68

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:05 pm    Post subject: How I did this(mostly) Reply with quote

The picture was scanned into the computer at 600 dpi, then resized to 125. I switched to cmyk mode, selected black than slide the left level marker slightly to the right. I then switched back to rgb mode and moved the contrast lever slightly to the right. The remainder of the process I prefer to keep secret at this time, although I will say that it involves under 4 additional steps.

I suspect it wouldn't take somebody who is handy with Photoshop to figure out how I did this.

K_Hon68

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:07 pm    Post subject: correction Reply with quote

Correction to that last sentence.

It should say it wouldn't take somebody who's handy with Photoshop long to figure out how I did it.

Death By Jell-O

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 5:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

It looks rad other than the drop shadow behind the text makes it look blurry and gives me a headache........

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Tue Jan 25, 2005 6:35 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

That's really really cool.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

K_Hon68

PostPosted: Wed Jan 26, 2005 3:26 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

My process was developed to work with the kind of artistic style that is common to comic books, namely one that is uses a pronounced black ink line. I've have tried the process with photographic images with far less satisfactory results.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Design and Graphic Reviews All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: