PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Need advice on layers:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Jacknet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 6:32 am    Post subject: Need advice on layers: Reply with quote

Hi - nice forum you all have here.
I'm doing a book tutorial by R. Scott Ireland on Astrophotography. I'm editing a tutorial on Layers. I have the Histogram and Layer windows open and according to his tutorial I'm supposed to have the Input Shadow/Highlight sliders available to work the image. I do not. I've explored all around the program interface and can't find how to activate the sliders. I'm using CS4. In the Layers window I have Background layer and Levels 1 layer open. Both have the eye icon to show visibility and Levels 1 is highlighted. Anyone know how to get my sliders? Thanks

Jacknet

PostPosted: Sun Nov 01, 2015 7:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Well it's getting weirder. I got the sliders by closing everything up and reopening my image. When I follow his instructions "Layer/New Adjustment/Levels" and click OK when the New Layer selection box appears, I get close to the same Layer Palette he shows in his example but I'm missing an icon next to the "eye" icon showing that image layer is visible. He has in addition to the "eye" a grey box with a white circle (when I hover it says it's a vector mask symbol) next to the eye icon. Also I don't have the buttons on the right ie: OK, Cancel, Load, Save etc. He says to click OK and save my changes so they will show up in the History. Now if I use Image/Adjustment/Levels I get correct looking window with the OK button etc. but my Input Levels box is empty and my sliders don't do anything. It's useless for this drill. So when I make my adjustments with the slider I can't create a history level because I don't have the OK button. If this sounds confusing to you it's extremely confusing to me. The author says he is using CS4 the same as I am but things in the tutorial are just not matching up. Thanks again.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: