PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Newbie needs help editing old concert pictures
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

who4ever

PostPosted: Thu Dec 03, 2015 9:04 pm    Post subject: Newbie needs help editing old concert pictures Reply with quote

I am just getting started with PS. My main reason in getting the program was to edit hundreds of concert photos I took in the 70's on 35mm film and had developed my mail in companies (remember Clark, anyone?) Most of the photos are lousy, but they have great sentimental value and it is time for me to try and resurrect them. Like most newbies, I find PS overwhelming but want to dive into it. Can anyone give me some guidance on the basic steps needed to start improving this photo, which is among the worst of them because in addition to the poor exposure, the developers cut the negative through the picture, then taped it back together and printed the photo, which I recently scanned. I need a few basic steps to enhance the overall image and then to get rid of the line. I want to do this myself, I am not asking anyone to do it for me. Any help would be appreciated. Thanks so much.

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 2:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get rid of the line I would use the clone tool, or the spot healing tool, I'm not sure about making the image better overall I'm afraid, only thing I would do is either play with the levels to try and get some depth, or run a few noise filters x

who4ever

PostPosted: Sat Dec 05, 2015 6:04 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you all
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: