PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Taking advices for my drawing projects
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

madrabaz

PostPosted: Mon Dec 14, 2015 6:54 pm    Post subject: Taking advices for my drawing projects Reply with quote

Hello dear forum!
I will be preparing a video-game for my girlfriend, for her birthday. I prepared myself the main plot. I have some ideas. Like making the game like a slide-show. With "previous" and "next" buttons on it etc.
But the major problem for me is going to be them scenes, which i have to prepare 8-bit themed pictures for each one. And i have something like 45-50 pictures to prepare for different parts. Some will be modified if the text under it changes. etc. The girl will be my main character, and this is a surprise for her so i cannot do stuff like taking her photos for my project.
I have looked up for some techniques. I saw 2 important techniques i can use.
One of them is the manual one. Creating a small sized empty picture and draw stuff with the paint tool. It requires imagination, good observation for the "old school game" theme and so on. It has the advantage of drawing the girl in screen, which i cannot take real life pictures of. But it is the hard way as you know...
Other one was the one i was thinking at the beginning. I will take some real life pictures of that part. That would not display the thing i want completely of course. For example: If the part is happening in the school corridor with some characters, i am going to take pictures of the corridor when it is empty. Stylize it to 8-bit and use it as background image.

About the code of game, that will not going to be like "Control your hero" kind of game. It is going to be "Switch the scene". So it is not full-necessary that i must do it like the old fashion.

What do you think? Which way should i choose? One is the limitless way, but hard to do. Other is easier one which makes game kinda not-8bit style. Girls' commends would make me extra happy :)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: