PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Is there a way to smudge all around the edges of a layer?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

NaturalBornCamper

PostPosted: Thu Dec 24, 2015 2:28 am    Post subject: Is there a way to smudge all around the edges of a layer? Reply with quote

I have several objects with a transparent background but white bits around it, so make a copy of the object that I smudge all around. Then I place the smudged copy behind the original object (See image below), Ctrl+click the original image to select the border so I replace 1 pixel of the border with the smudged background.

Works perfectly, and it's all almost automatic except the smudging part that takes a long time. Is there a filter or a way to execute step 2 in the image below?

shovel_PNG7617.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  47.48 KB
 Viewed:  256 Time(s)

shovel_PNG7617.jpg

thesavvygk

PostPosted: Sat Dec 26, 2015 8:25 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I'm not entirely sure that there are. I use layer masks to do that sort of dirty work, and you might be able to fiddle around with selections to do it on a larger scale. However, I find that small brush strokes are far more accurate.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: