PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Help shooting interiors with LED uplighting
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

DominikS

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 7:05 am    Post subject: Help shooting interiors with LED uplighting Reply with quote

Hello everyone.

My name is Dominik, I'm from Poland. This my first post and so a "hello" to all of you :)

I'm in an uplighting business - I decorate halls and rooms with light. I'd like to shoot some photos of my work, but I'm struggling to achieve results as close to what is really seen by a human eye. Some shots shot with Canon 5d MkII look ok, some are really problematic.
My friend is shooting pictures for me and he sets different exposures for the same shot, and then we pick one that is closest to reality.

Usually I have to work with underexposed pictures, because shots taken show some kind of "overburning" in places where LED light hits walls. First thing I do when I load a picture into camera raw is minimizing highlights and whites.

One more thing is that when I upload these pictures to Facebook the (kind of) quality is ruined.
More shots can be seen on my webpage www.decolights.pl

So my question is:

What kind of manipulations should I do to make this shots more real? I have shots of other places and I'm in a way satisfied. But these two - I don't know where to start.
I have PS and Lightroom.
Some time ago I was even playing with HDR but I'm not quite sure that it is really needed in this case.

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: