PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Erase Completely with Stylus on the Surface Pro 4?
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

solhawk

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 3:45 pm    Post subject: Erase Completely with Stylus on the Surface Pro 4? Reply with quote

Hello all,

I have a Win10 Surface Pro 4. Under Photoshop, when I try to erase with the stylus (by flipping it over and using the opposite side of the pen) it does not erase fully. Rather, (similarly to a real eraser) it will, on the first pass, change my lines from black to grey, then on the second pass it will change my lines from grey to light grey, and eventually it will fully erase. How can I change the functionality so that it erases everything I pass over - in just one pass?

Worth a note - this works fine with the mouse.

I am using the default Surface Pro 4 stylus and the latest version of Photoshop.

Thank you!
Sol

d^_^b

PS Version: CC 2014

PostPosted: Mon Jan 11, 2016 8:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I've never worked with a stylus, but try clicking the Eraser then the pen pressure setting;

Meow

solhawk

PostPosted: Wed Jan 13, 2016 10:38 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello. I wanted to give some feedback. I tried the eraser sensitivity button that you demonstrated in your post. This did not seem to work. The eraser still erases only partially on a pass. Tried again with the option you showed selected, then unselected, but did not see a difference.

Is there another hint on adjusting the eraser sensitivity under photoshop on the Surface Pro 4? Glad for any suggestions. I will try them all!

solhawk

PostPosted: Thu Jan 14, 2016 12:41 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello all,

I am still trying to figure out how to get the eraser to erase completely on a pass. My latest impression is that toggling the Magic Eraser settings will allow me to change the behavior of the eraser.

https://helpx.adobe.com/photoshop/using/erasing-parts-image.html

I am looking at the section called "Change Similar Pixels with the Magic Eraser Tool." The settings that look promising are opacity and tolerance under the magic eraser tool.

Will try this out and report back. If someone with Photoshop and a SP4 is willing to try on their end, too, in order to help me out, I would so greatly appreciate it.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Technical All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: