PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Dark Tonal Adjustments? how?!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

ktylerphoto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 8:45 pm    Post subject: Dark Tonal Adjustments? how?! Reply with quote

Hi everyone. I’m hoping someone here can give me some direction on how to start re-working my post work in a way that I can execute my images the way I want to. I’m stuck!

What I’m looking to do is take my landscape and ocean images and give them a darker tonal quality. I want to have virtually desaturated images that are still rich and vibrant and still have a pop to them.

I've been playing with a number of things; layer blending modes, color balance, levels, hue/ saturation, contrasts, you name it. I've gotten reasonably close, but they just don't have the crisp dark look that I want.

I've attached an example of the tonal quality that I'm going for... along with a shot of the ocean that I did, that got "somewhat" close, but it's still missing that "polished wax" look and more grays that the other images have.

If anyone can help point me in the direction of where to start tutorials on this, I would be forever grateful. I am utterly, completely, lost at this point.

ktylerphoto

PostPosted: Thu Feb 18, 2016 9:07 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

another really great example:
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: