PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Create Clickable Buttons From Map
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

GreenGhost

PostPosted: Sat Apr 02, 2016 1:06 pm    Post subject: Create Clickable Buttons From Map Reply with quote

Hello All. New on the forum here and also relatively new to Photoshop. I'm searching for a link or information on how I would go about cutting up a map into territorial sections (as opposed to a rectangular grid) so that I can use each section of the map as a clickable area that would behave exactly like a clickable button in a browser.

I'm using Photoshop CS6 and Dreamweaver CS5.5. I know what to do with Dreamweaver but not so familiar with PS CS6.

I already have the image of the map the way I want it right now. I also know how to use the quick selection tool and the slice tool to cut up the parts of the map.

My question is: How do I cut the map up in the sense of organizing the parts? Would I use layers for that? Or would I just save each of the cut up geographical sections separately and then use DW to place them? My problem with doing that in DW is that the geographical parts of the map are not square. So they either overlap or would have gaps between them. Something that I don't want.

I'm not sure how to proceed in PS, so I'm not sure how to look for my answer. Could someone help with this?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: