PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Replacing Colors
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

slOppY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 10:37 am    Post subject: Replacing Colors Reply with quote

Hey all,

I have a grayscale of a picture and i wanna replace black color with red. What i tried was using Image -> Adjustments -> Replace Color. But it didn't help - just lightened my picture a bit ;(

Is there any way i can accomplish what i've planned? Frown

Thanks

photo-synthesis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:08 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Try using Selective color instead. Set the drop down box to Blacks. The configure your sliders till you get the result you want. Make sure your in RGB mode not grayscale
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

slOppY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:19 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thanks a lot, man! I finally did I, hurray!

Well, i tried selecting "Blacks", but that replaced only 100% black pixels i had in that picture, all the shadows remained Gray. So i selected Neutrals and made them Red also, hurray! :)

And what if i wanted to replace the exact color... for example #FF003E with #FF001A. What u suggest in that case?

photo-synthesis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:26 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

thats a good question. not really sure. i'll have to play around with it to see.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

photo-synthesis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 11:42 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

is your image a GIF? if so you can use Mode: Color Table to swap an exact color code for another.

slOppY

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:22 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Actually, i wanted to know how to swap colors in ANY image =)

This one is more theoretical, cuz once I needed a lil swap and instead of thinkin bout a proper way to do it, just Painted few pixels ;D

photo-synthesis

PostPosted: Thu Jan 27, 2005 1:27 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

that'll work too.

theres probally a way to swap exact colors with any file type but all I could quickly was the color table trick. thank you Real World Photoshop
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: