PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Filling Text with image
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

yevoc

PostPosted: Sun Jul 10, 2016 4:01 pm    Post subject: Filling Text with image Reply with quote

Ive seen plenty of people do it and watched videos on how but it seems to not be working..

I have a font called Jennas Popsicles i think.. im making a party invitation to my daughters birthday. I need to fill the inside of the popsicles with candy when I clip mask layer it outlines the letters with the image (giving it a colorful outline) but doesnt fill the inside of the text. i figured maybe the inside of text was solid so i placed a red layer under it and the red layer is seen threw the middle (text isnt solid in center) so why can i not get the candy image to fill the inside of the text?

EDIT: Think i solved my own problem asking yall. of course its not working the middle of text NEEDS to be solid.. Right? so how do i make the inside solid without giving text a background. I need to make the text a picture without a background so i can import and move that image ontop of another.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 9:48 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

The text isn't solid so it only clips to the lines. Use the Magic Wand selection tool set to contiguous and select the area outside of the text. Reverse the selection (ctrl+shift+I).

Use the selection to cut out the image you want to use as fill.

yevoc

PostPosted: Mon Jul 11, 2016 4:47 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hawkeye wrote:
The text isn't solid so it only clips to the lines. Use the Magic Wand selection tool set to contiguous and select the area outside of the text. Reverse the selection (ctrl+shift+I).

Use the selection to cut out the image you want to use as fill.

Thank you! super helpful!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Manipulation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: