PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
PhotoshopForums.com is Closing
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Announcements
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 5:30 pm    Post subject: PhotoshopForums.com is Closing Reply with quote

Hello,

Thank you for visiting PhotoshopForums.com. Unfortunately, this message is going to be bad news, and there's no way around that.

I have decided to close PhotoshopForums.com. For now, at least.

There are a few reasons why. I am finding that my time is more and more limited, and it has become impossible for me to dedicate the time needed to manage this community in the best way possible. I have been maintaining it for a while, but just maintaining it isn't what I want to do. I don't think that's fair to anyone. Economic realities are also playing a role.

Over the years, we have had an incredible number of amazing members. I would like to thank everyone who has contributed to this community in a positive way. It is because of you that the community has lasted as long as it has.

Though any list of names will fall short, I would like to specifically recognize Matt, BryanDowning, thehermit, hawkeye, Auieos, swanseamale47, cyborg, lasa, cbadland, witam, Gallo_Pinto, moondog, Haunus, seaco, jerryb4417, Datameister, SC Photo Designs, Iain and Adam P. Thank you for being a big part of what has made this community great.

This is tough for me. I started this community as a teenager, and it has been a part of my life for more than 13 years. I have been wrestling with this decision for a while, as it has taken me a long time to get used to the idea of it no longer being a routine part of my day. I want to say this is a pause, and not necessarily forever. There may be an opportunity to revisit this project in the future.

The community will remain open to new posts until August 1. This will allow us some time to digest this and to connect with anyone that we would like to stay in contact with, after the website has closed. I have started a thread where established members are welcome to share their email address, links to their websites, social media profiles and more. On August 1, I will close the community to new posts, but it will remain online, as an archive.

I would like to apologize. Everything comes to an end, including online communities. We have had a longer run than most. But it is never easy to do something like this. If you are a member who has invested of yourself into our community, this isn't easy. I am sorry to have to bring it to a close, at this time.

There's no way to explain that makes it sound great, but I believe this is the best way to share this news with you.

If you have any questions, please do not hesitate to ask, either here, via private message or email at patrick@ifroggy.com.

Thank you for your time.

Sincerely,

Patrick

Last edited by Patrick on Fri Aug 05, 2016 7:59 pm; edited 3 times in total
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Iain

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 8:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hi Patrick.

Many thanks for running an exceptional site. In the relatively short time i have been a part of it i have really enjoyed the interaction and learning experience offered by some great people.
I can fully understand your decision as doing something like this commands a lot of your time and effort which i am very grateful for.
Hopefully in the future you will have some more free time and reopen the site.
I still have your email address so will be in touch from time to time

To all those i have interacted with, thank you for your advise over the years and no doubt we will reconnect somewhere Big Wink

Best regards to all

Iain

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Fri Jul 01, 2016 11:59 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Oh no Frown I'm gutted, but I completely understand. I wish there was something I could do to help.
Best of luck for the future.
It's been a pleasure.
Sarah :) x

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 02, 2016 12:05 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you for your kind words, Iain and Sarah. It means a lot to me. I am grateful for the incredible contributions that you both have made here.

Patrick

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 07, 2016 9:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry to see you go, the site has been part of life too for quite some time now.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Sat Jul 16, 2016 5:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, Mr. Hawkins. That's amazing to hear. I really appreciate it.

Patrick

jannatul18

PS Version: cs6

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 3:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Hello Patrick
Thank you for creating such an awesome place for us. I am bit sad, anyway you must be taken this decision for some reasons, so its okay.

Patrick
Administrator
Administrator

PostPosted: Mon Aug 01, 2016 7:57 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Thank you, jannatul18, for the contributions that you have made here. I appreciate the kind words and your understanding.

Patrick

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Announcements All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: