PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Printing issues with the following design
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

bloodworkinkgraphics

PostPosted: Sat Dec 29, 2012 8:29 am    Post subject: Printing issues with the following design Reply with quote

Hey,

I've been working on a simple T-shirt design for my band Dark Helm. The main issue I am facing is that the printers here have been unable to give me a printing solution for an all color CMYK print (something like this: http://youtu.be/_lOAf7nmE5M). Hence I am restricted to use about 5 to 7 colors in the whole design (not including black)

Can someone guide me how to go about editing this design so that i can have it in those many colors. If there was a way to convert the layers with the scratches to a binary color layer or something like that, it would be great.

Thanks

PS: As a last ditch attempt, I tried using the eraser tool (to mimic the scratches) on just the text layer (which is a solid color) but that still gives me multiple colors (for example if my foreground is red and b/g is black and i use the eraser tool on it, i get a host of colors between the red and black on the places where i have used the eraser).

File:
https://docs.google.com/open?id=10c_yzGqdj7rukOWbnsLs--4QN1cbjdPjJdMbQ_nQPt_G5igppADz7gv2f-d4

Download Instructions:
After the window with the image opens in Google drive click "File" (below Tshirt.psd and click on download).
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: