PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Problem with Bathing due to Layer name
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

NewYears1978

PostPosted: Tue Jan 12, 2016 12:39 pm    Post subject: Problem with Bathing due to Layer name Reply with quote

I wasn't sure to put this here or another thread.

It involved batching but it also involves saving with layer names.

I have about 700 PNG images that I am batching, and about 75% of them the layer (there is only one layer in all files) is named "Background" but the other 25% it is named "Layer 0"

The action I am using is looking for "Background" so the ones with "Layer 0" error out.

I tried finding a way to do it without needing a specific layer but couldn't find a way so I figured it would be easy to batch renaming the Layer 0 to Background and saving.

This is where I ran into my problem. When I rename to Background and save it always changes back to Layer 0. I thought maybe it was because PNG doesn't really have layers so then I converted all files to PSD with the layer named background. That worked, opening the PSD files the layer is called Background.

However then I batched saving them as PNG and the layer changed back to Layer 0 again!

I am lost as to how to fix this!

Thanks in advance.

(The only thing I haven't tried is thinkin in reverse. Converting all the Backgrounds to Layer 0 then changing my action to use Layer 0 instead of background - I might be forced to do this? maybe once the BG layer is unlocked and saved it can't be reverted to a bg layer in a PNG?)
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Actions and Automation All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: