PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Problem with PS resizing an PNG image just by saving!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

tbone56

PostPosted: Tue Feb 02, 2010 12:27 pm    Post subject: Problem with PS resizing an PNG image just by saving! Reply with quote

Great forums! I am glad I found them because I have no idea what to do here.

I have an png image sized at Pixel Dim: 2100 x 1200 Doc Size: 29.167 x 16.667 in. at 72 resolution.

My problem occurs when I want to make a change to that file. PS resizes it automatically. I have even made it as basic as opening the file in PS and just saving it as a different name to see if I was doing something but I got the same thing. I dont even make any changes and it still does it.

When I go and open that new saved as file I get a different sized document. Pixel Dim is the same at: 2100 x 1200 but the Doc Size is different at: 29.163 x 16.665 at 72.009 resolution.

I am making business cards and this is the HIRes image used to make them. My printing software takes the images and resizes them to a 3.5 x 2 in. document and prints it. If I send it the saved as file with the new doc size that PS changed, It makes it 1.38 x .79 in.

It is a very minor change but it is enough to throw off my printing software.

Does anyone know why and how I can fix this? Is there some setting I am missing? I need to be able to open the image make a change and save it, but not have the size changed.

Thanks in advance.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: