PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Problems with sun glare...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Jiwnior

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 8:40 am    Post subject: Problems with sun glare... Reply with quote

Hi all,

I'm in the middle of taking some photographs of wet slate pieces with attached animals. I'm using the macros setting on a digital compact, attached to a copy stand. Manually drying the slate might cause harm to the attached animals, hence I've had to take the photos when the slate is wet. This often gives me trouble with sunlight 'glare' (see below).

I would be very grateful for any advice / information regarding improving these pictures using Photoshop. I'm relatively new to the program, but know some of the basic tools that are on offer.

Many thanks :)

thehermit

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 9:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

It's going to be a case of the classic advice, clone/heal/content aware fill. Welcome to the forums.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 10:00 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Your best bet is to alter the way you take the photos to reduce or eliminate the glare. Bear in mind when you do your setup: The angle of incidence equals the angle of reflection.

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Thu Jul 29, 2010 3:18 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Maybe like this, if so I can say how it's done if you go to far the slate looks to flat?

Jiwnior

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 8:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Cheers everyone. I really value your help. I've managed to keep the glare down to a minimum by taking the photos from a different location. I've also been drying the plates as much as possible without coming into contact with the animals, and this seems to work.

@seaco: I would be very grateful if you could show me how this was done. This would make previous photos salvageable too.

Thanks again to you all :)

seaco

PS Version: CC

PostPosted: Mon Aug 02, 2010 1:20 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Jiwnior wrote:

@seaco: I would be very grateful if you could show me how this was done. This would make previous photos salvageable too.

Thanks again to you all :)

Quite easy all you do is go to IMAGE/ ADJUSTMENTS then down to REPLACE COLOR when the box opens choose one of the highlights and then slide the LIGHTNESS bar to darken the highlights make sure PREVIEW is checked then slide FUZZINESS adds or subtracts the amount...

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Photography All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: