PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
PS CS5 Color Replacement tool misbehaving
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Fabulist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 3:09 am    Post subject: PS CS5 Color Replacement tool misbehaving Reply with quote

I select a gold foreground color, choose the Color Replacement tool from the tool pallet, and click and hold the mouse button on a bright red color. The resulting replacement color is dark brown.

What's up with that?

Any ideas?

Thanks!

Fabulist

PostPosted: Mon Feb 09, 2015 7:14 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

OK, a little more information:

I was trying to change the color that is part of an imported image. The image was scanned and brought into PS as jpg (don't know if this matters, but I'll mention it). The color I wanted to change is a solid color.

Apparently it must be a color created in PS if Replacement Color tool is to be used on it. I created new layer and colored it using Paint Bucket. I then went back with the Replacement Color tool and it changed it as you'd expect it to.

Is there some rule about importing art into PS that I missed? Any idea why RC tool doesn't work on this particular imported art?

Thanks.

CS5 / Mac
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: