PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Question about "Contract" option for selection
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

jelvischan

PostPosted: Mon Jun 09, 2014 11:10 pm    Post subject: Question about "Contract" option for selection Reply with quote

Hi guys, I'm new here -- definitely looks like a hopeful and helpful forum! I wanted to get involved with a forum specifically for Photoshop, especially to answer some of my confusing questions. Photoshopforums looked very helpful.

I have a quick question regarding the Selection>Modify>Contract option. I make a selection with marquee (usually a circle/ellipse) and sometimes I want to make a smaller circle, but relative to the center point of the circle I already filled. I usually do this by going to Selection>Modify>Contract by some number of pixels.

My problem is that the more pixels I decide by which to contract the circle, the more choppy the edges of the circle are, to a point to which maybe a contractions of 40 pixels would render the new selection more of a do-decagon and not a circle at all. Does anyone know of a more precise and proper way of creating a circle that shares the same center point of the outer circle. Hopefully this all makes sense!

Thanks a lot.

[ jelvischan ]

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 12.06.42 AM.png
 Description:
See how the inner ellipse is distorted at 100px contraction?
 Filesize:  37.74 KB
 Viewed:  375 Time(s)

Screen Shot 2014-06-10 at 12.06.42 AM.png

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: