PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
quick mask mode issue?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

rookie45

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 5:34 pm    Post subject: quick mask mode issue? Reply with quote

I want to apply a suntan effect to a jpeg pic. When I click on the quick mask mode, grab the brush and start painting the mask nothing is happening?

Why?

moondog

PS Version: CS2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 6:43 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

the first thing that comes to mind (because I have done this numerous times) is ...... are you on the correct layer?

if you are, perhaps you could give a screenshot of your tools etc... just so we can see if you're missing something?

Romans 10:13
For Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

rookie45

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Here's a screen shot moondog. I'm using photoshop cs. I should be able to open up a jpeg pic, click the quick mask, then grab a brush and start selecting the areas for the mask. When I do the above, i get nothing.

http://www.heavenlywebsitehosting.com/mask.gif

moondog

PS Version: CS2

PostPosted: Wed Apr 15, 2009 7:34 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

hey rookie, give it a couple of days, maybe someone will come along and see something I don't.

I don't see why you're having this problem, but someone will maybe ask something I don't know about or see something that helps.

Romans 10:13
For Whosoever shall call upon the name of the Lord shall be saved

vampirelover

PostPosted: Thu Apr 16, 2009 11:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

moondog wrote:
hey rookie, give it a couple of days, maybe someone will come along and see something I don't.

I don't see why you're having this problem, but someone will maybe ask something I don't know about or see something that helps.
This is based upon CS4 and I can't remember if it works the same way in CS..but here goes.
Double click on the quick mask icon. A small box will come up.Choose either Masked Area or Selected Area. Make sure where it says Color you have red. And ( most important of all) have Opacity set at at least 50%. I rather feel yours is set at 0%.
If that doesn't work, reset your preferences and I'll be really suprised if things don't go back to normal. Cheers.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: