PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Replacing a picture that is in a layer with the same size
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Hassanchop

PostPosted: Tue Nov 18, 2014 5:20 pm    Post subject: Replacing a picture that is in a layer with the same size Reply with quote

Hello,

I'm trying to replace some pictures that are in a layer for a business card. This is a template that I am using.

Where is the best method to so this. The way I was trying to do it was look at the size of the picture on the layer and make my picture that size and drop it on the layer.

I actually want to add 6 pictures instead of 4 but can't figure out what the best method is to make sure they all fit in the card.

I'm trying to add the picture you see of the mom and child for example.

Attaching a screenshot.

sample2.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  189.78 KB
 Viewed:  351 Time(s)

sample2.jpg

Sample1.jpg
 Description:
 Filesize:  184.97 KB
 Viewed:  351 Time(s)

Sample1.jpg

SC Photo Designs

PostPosted: Wed Nov 19, 2014 1:02 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I would just pop them on top and size them accordingly x

Beekeeper

PS Version: Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6

PostPosted: Fri Nov 28, 2014 11:35 pm    Post subject: Re: Replacing a picture that is in a layer with the same siz Reply with quote

Hassanchop wrote:
Hello,

I'm trying to replace some pictures that are in a layer for a business card. This is a template that I am using.

Where is the best method to so this. The way I was trying to do it was look at the size of the picture on the layer and make my picture that size and drop it on the layer.

I actually want to add 6 pictures instead of 4 but can't figure out what the best method is to make sure they all fit in the card.

I'm trying to add the picture you see of the mom and child for example.

Attaching a screenshot.

Short answer: You cannot.

The template contains only 4, you can replace only 4. If you want 6 images you have to create a new template with 6 images and make each one as smart object.

01. First create a template with simple shape (rectangle) (3 on top 3 at the bottom)
02. Convert each one to Smart object
03. Go inside smart object and place the image. You might have to position the image.

Create a template based on the business card size, don't try to create them based on the image. Avoid Squeezing or Stretching the image, i see most people do that to try to show the full image in a given space.

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: