PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Resolution to pixel dimensions
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

silversinner

PostPosted: Mon Nov 02, 2009 8:46 am    Post subject: Resolution to pixel dimensions Reply with quote

Hi guys!!

I've been assigned to create some college gig leaflets, now Im not an expert on photoshop but i know standard 72 DPi is not good for printing and since they will be printed professionally by the college i need to get it right, I've heard 300 DPi is good.

They are going to be A6 leaflets but i cant get the resolution to pixel ratio correct, last i remember it was the dimensions in pixels added to together and then times by the resolution to get the working pixel dimensions.

Im not exactly sure tho.

if anyone knows it would be a great help!!!\

peace
SS

Htown

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 11:32 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

When you create a new document in PS just select the settings you need in the NEW dialog box. Change pixels to inches and you wont have to worry about all that conversion stuff. Let PS do it for you.

hawkeye

PostPosted: Sun Jan 03, 2010 12:01 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

The formula you are looking for is essentially for calculating how large you can print at a given PPI. For instance, if the pixel dimension was 3000 wide, and you wanted to print @ 300 PPI...3000/300=10 inches wide.

Go to Image Resize and uncheck Resample Image, then change the dimensions (width/height) to what you need. The PPI will adjust automatically and will likely be much higher than 300 PPI, as A6 is only about 6X4 inches.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: