PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Saving as a pdf without reducing the resolution
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Ravich

PostPosted: Thu Sep 19, 2013 6:25 pm    Post subject: Saving as a pdf without reducing the resolution Reply with quote

I am at a complete loss for this one, and my googling skills have failed me.

I am making business cards, and I have the design ready to go. The native resolution of the photoshop file is 1062x615

For whatever reason, any time I save it as a pdf ("photoshop pdf" it says), it reduces the resolution to 254x147, and there is no compression going on. I cant for the life of me figure out why it's doing this.

If I save it as a TIFF file, there's no change in the resolution. Anyone able to help?

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 3:56 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Welcome to the forum Ravich. You have given us the dimensions of the image, not the resolution. Print standards are PDF press ready should have an image resolution of 300ppi in and an output of 2400dpi. Home printers around 140ppi in and output of 600dpi.

If you are going to a print house, ask them for the specifications.

Ravich

PostPosted: Fri Sep 20, 2013 5:09 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Ah, yes. The ppi is 300, as specified by the website that I am using to print my cards. This is, unless I am missing something, reduced immensely any time I save it as a pdf.
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: