PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Saving to transparent PNG with layer effects in-tact?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

kcfried

PostPosted: Sun Apr 12, 2015 12:39 pm    Post subject: Saving to transparent PNG with layer effects in-tact? Reply with quote

Hi all. Ok, so I'm not very good at PS, but I've got to jump in with both feet here and am running into a wall when trying to export a mockup to transparent PNG...

I've got a PSD of a shirt mockup that has several effect layers for highlights and shadows, and then layers for shirt colors.

What I'm trying to do is use this in a web based editor where I can programatically set the background color without having to load a separate image per color - the base PNG would be an overlay allowing the color to show through.

I need to save the mockup to a transparent PNG with no shirt colors - just the highlights and shadows.

However, when I do save as a PNG or save for web as PNG with none of the shirt color layers visible, the resulting PNG doesn't maintain the transparency.

Here's the sample file: https://www.dropbox.com/s/f1j5bj4nk48l9l0/tee-mockup.psd

The shading group is set to passthrough, and the layers in it are set to color dodge, screen, color burn and multiply.

I can't for the life of me how to save this as a PNG with transparencies/layer effects intact. I know this is possible because many online editors are using mockups just like this. Is there a specific method for doing this? Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks!
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: