PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Simple layer request
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

leary

PostPosted: Thu Mar 13, 2008 6:45 pm    Post subject: Simple layer request Reply with quote

Hi

I tried with no luck to layer a text of my name CUTTS onto a signature backgound but fail everytime.

Can someone scale the text down and place it in the righthand cornor. If it would help to have psd instead of the jpeg versions below then I can provide them...thanks in advance.

jey

PostPosted: Fri Mar 14, 2008 1:43 pm    Post subject: I'll give it ago... Reply with quote

I'll give it a go man if you suply me with the psd...
And also could you give me a little more detail on where and what you want done ...

leary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll give it ago... Reply with quote

jey wrote:
I'll give it a go man if you suply me with the psd...
And also could you give me a little more detail on where and what you want done ...

Thanks Jey! I tried to upload a psd version but it doesn't work. If you can tell how I will do it. Its different than a jpeg.....but if you copy the jpeg to PhotoShop workspce then "SAVE AS" and change the format dropdown box to Photoshop(*PSD*PDD) you will have the psd. version. Instead of rhe CUTTS example in my previous post you can use this.Changing it to a psd the same way.

You can put it at the top middle and just blend it in. Im so excited you can do this for me anf very much appreciated. Can't wait to see it and thanks again!!!!

leary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 12:00 pm    Post subject: Re: I'll give it ago... Reply with quote

I forgot to add if there is anything I can provide...please let me know.

jey

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 3:32 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Sorry man but i need the actuall psd file from when you made the images ...
If i convert it to .psd from jpeg then it'll have the properties at the jpeg nd not the original .psd...

And if u cant upload the psd u can always try e-mail it to me...

leary

PostPosted: Sat Mar 15, 2008 5:29 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

jey wrote:
Sorry man but i need the actuall psd file from when you made the images ...
If i convert it to .psd from jpeg then it'll have the properties at the jpeg nd not the original .psd...

Emailing them appears to be a problem for me too. Anyway, while waiting to hear from you I read more tutorials and was able to merge

This

To this

And got this

Maybe you can tell me the process or even better exactly how to loose that black border line around the TEXT so it blends in (maybe the wrong word)...but so it appears to be more apart of the background scene. I have little knowledge of terms like blend, brush etc. so I hope I'm being clear to what I mean. Btw, thanks for taking time to reply and help so far.

jey

PostPosted: Sun Mar 16, 2008 6:43 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

To get rid of the background you will either need to extract the text from the background of make the text layer again from scratch on a transparent background and then add the text to the image ...

Thats the best I can explain it I'm not really an expert on photoshop Frown

Hope that helps mate...
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Freebie Market Place All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: