PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Smoothing Poligon Selections
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

Matt Taylor

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 12:58 pm    Post subject: Smoothing Poligon Selections Reply with quote

Hi there

I've been useing photoshop for some time now, and have recently been toying with the idia of takeing my random manga styled drawings and actualy putting a story behind them.

Im working on lineart for the comic, and have found that useing the poligon-selection tool to select the outlines for the inking and then filling them makes the job go alot faster without makeing it look crappy (as is my rushed freehand work ^.^ ) basicaly i can use the tecneque to turn out pages in hours insted of days with no particular loss. and im lazy Big Grin

one of the problems i have found with the lasoo tool is that my penmanship is far to shakey to stop it looking crap.

I have been experimenting with diferent ways of chaingeing the selected airea, and the 'Smooth selection' option works great to smooth out the angles that are unavoidable with the polligon tool.

The problems this causes however, is that parts i want to be angular, usualy angles steeper than say 10-15 degreese, also get smoothed.

So, is there a tool, pluggin or other method i can use to get the smooth selection tool to smooth to a radius that is large (10-20pxls) for shallow angles, and to then decreese inversly in radius as the angle gets sharper, untill there is no smootheing efect at say an angle of 1o degrees.

Thanks for your time,

Matt
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: