PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Solar Explosion
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips
Goto page 1, 2  Next
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

slice 'n' dice

PostPosted: Tue Aug 31, 2004 7:50 am    Post subject: Solar Explosion Reply with quote

Here's a tutorial I made for a solar explosion and by the way, I'm new. Big Wink

1. Open a new image that is 400X400 with a black background.

1 1/5. Press D to switch to default colors.

2. Create a new layer, select filter noise/add noise and set the amount to 21 and distribution as Gaussian and then set it to monochromatic.

3. Select stylize/glowing edges and set edge width to 2, edge brightness to 6 and smoothness to 5.

4. Next select stylize/wind with default settings from right and then do the same, but from left.

5. Go to image/rotate canvas/90 degrees clockwise and repeat step 4 an then go to image/rotate canvas/90 degrees counter clockwise.

6. Go to filters/texture/texturize and leave the default settings.

7. Go to render/lighting effects and set style as default, light type as omni, intensity as 78, gloss as 100, material as 69, exposure as 7 and ambiance as 10 - remember you don't have to be exact - just get as close as you can by moving the sliders).

8. Press CTRL+J to duplicate the layer.

9. On the top layer hit CTRL+L to bring up levels and change the middle input level to .1.

10. Press CTRL+U to bring up the hue/saturation window and click colorize, then input these settings: hue at 54, saturation at 100 and lightness at -14.

11. Turn off the bottom layer by clicking its little eye symbol.

12. Go to the bottom layer and hit CTRL+U again and click colorize as usual and enter in these settings: hue at 0, saturation at 100 and lightness at -44.

13. Turn the top layer on again by clicking the space where the eye symbol was and select that layer.

14. Change the blending mode to linear dodge (the blending mode is the space that should say "normal" by default).

15. Now you should have a red image with a yellow blob in the center. You could leave this as is, but lets make it look cool(er).

16. Select the bottom layer and go to filters/blur/radial blur and use these settings: amount to 44 and then check zoom and good.

17. Select the top layer and go to filter/blur/Gaussian blur and set the radius to 1.

OK, there you go. It should look something like this.

You can play around with the brightness depending on what you want to do. Have fun!

slice 'n' dice

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 1:33 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

dudes, why arent you replying?

thehermit

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 5:06 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I havent replied because as a photographic restorer it has no practical use or application to me. However, good on you for contributing.

TiDaL

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 7:27 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

great teqnique, i do a lot of space art however different people have different styles so i d obut i will use it but i did read it and enjoyed it, mayb elater on i will mix that with something else... who knows but i really enjoy tutorials because that teaches people a lot

so thanx for makin the tut

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Fri Sep 03, 2004 12:16 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I like the effect a lot, but I don't think I'll be able to use it for anything. My only suggestion is to find a way to make it look a little more sharp and clear. Well done though.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

ThatRickGuy

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 11:28 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I actually found this quite helpful. If you create this 'sun burst' larger then desired and resize it down a tad, it'll smooth out some of the horrizontal gitters arround the middle. I used this tutorial to throw together this emblem for a friend.

-Rick

BryanDowning

PostPosted: Tue Sep 07, 2004 5:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

wow that looks good.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website AIM Address

Jersey Hacker

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 12:00 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Yeh, nice use of a nice tutorial, thanks slice 'n dice

Free File Uploader for Everyone to use
View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

Datameister

PostPosted: Sat Jul 30, 2005 10:23 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

Very nice. I think the colors could use just a little work, and like TiDaL said, I probably won't use this specific effect. But some people find this sort of tutorial extremely helpful. In any case, it's always nice to see a new effect. Keep up the good work!

mantis8

PostPosted: Sun Feb 11, 2007 4:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

wht is mine coming out like this

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> PhotoshopForums.com Tutorials and Featured Tips All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Goto page 1, 2  Next
Page 1 of 2
Jump to: