PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Text effects created in photosop have low resolution in pdf?
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

g1patnaik

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 12:40 am    Post subject: Text effects created in photosop have low resolution in pdf? Reply with quote

I attached the snapshots of two pdf files here. First one, it is created by some other in which text effects along with text are in vector form...where as in pdf created by me, the text is in vector form..but text effects are in low resolution raster form.
I created the second one in photoshop and saved it in pdf. How can I create text effects with out losing information?
Ialso give link of the pdf here. Please check it once http://www.iari.res.in/files/Circular_Final-070812.pdf.
I want my pdf to be created similar to this..See the Text effects are in vector format.
Please help..it's urgent!!

Rarity

PS Version: CS6

PostPosted: Sun Apr 14, 2013 5:05 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

You could manually create most of the layer effects. Judging by the example you posted you want kind of a drop shadow:

-Type your text
-Convert text to shape by right click -> convert to shape
- Duplicate (Ctrl+J)
- Make the bottom one black on fill, with a 1 or 2 pt black stroke.
- Turn the black bottom one into a Smart object
- Give the Smart object a Gausian Blur of a few pixels, really depends on the size (this is the way of giving vectors a blur / filter in photoshop, as technically they're still vectors, the blurs might not scale along as well but the quality of the vector remains.
- Move it into position
- Lover its opacity a tad

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Export, Output and Optimization All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: