PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
Text maniplulation query
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

NeonTigerUK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:04 am    Post subject: Text maniplulation query Reply with quote

Hi Guys (and Girls),

1st post here, and i hope you can all help me .....

I think this should somehow be possible, but i honestly can't think how to do it Frown

I use photoshop solely for creating we ready graphics, and export them as PNG, never using the "save for web" option.

Anyway, the problem ....

I'm designing a site for a new client who has asked for us to alter the colour scheme on a bi-monthly basis (nothing unusual, templates can be easily changed too) but in the hero position on his website, he has image based text (special offers and the like) due to the layout of the graphics, multiple modules in the position isn't going to work.

The Question ....

Is it possible to type in what i can only describe as "cut out background to transparent"

Let me try and explain ......

I would like to type the text on the graphic, so that when the site colour changes, the text auto-magically changes, rather than me having to go though a large number of images and manually changing the colour and re-saving them.

Any help would be very graciously accepted, hope i've explained clearly what i need to do, if not, let me know - i will generate sample graphics and add them to this post shortly

NeonTigerUK

PostPosted: Thu Oct 23, 2014 6:16 am    Post subject: example graphic Reply with quote

In the example I have typed on the the background in the background colour

I'm looking for a way not to have to do that, so that when the teal (current background) changes, I wont have to edit the banners for multiple pages

bannerexample.png
 Description:
purple blocks are images, teal text is what needs to be "cut" out for the background to show though
 Filesize:  69.08 KB
 Viewed:  439 Time(s)

bannerexample.png

Beekeeper

PS Version: Photoshop CS4, CS5, CS6

PostPosted: Sat Nov 29, 2014 12:40 am    Post subject: Re: Text maniplulation query Reply with quote

NeonTigerUK wrote:
Hi Guys (and Girls),

1st post here, and i hope you can all help me .....

I think this should somehow be possible, but i honestly can't think how to do it Frown

I use photoshop solely for creating we ready graphics, and export them as PNG, never using the "save for web" option.

Anyway, the problem ....

I'm designing a site for a new client who has asked for us to alter the colour scheme on a bi-monthly basis (nothing unusual, templates can be easily changed too) but in the hero position on his website, he has image based text (special offers and the like) due to the layout of the graphics, multiple modules in the position isn't going to work.

The Question ....

Is it possible to type in what i can only describe as "cut out background to transparent"

Let me try and explain ......

I would like to type the text on the graphic, so that when the site colour changes, the text auto-magically changes, rather than me having to go though a large number of images and manually changing the colour and re-saving them.

Any help would be very graciously accepted, hope i've explained clearly what i need to do, if not, let me know - i will generate sample graphics and add them to this post shortly

01. Apple Layer Style to the text. ( if you have multiple text, group them together and apply layer style to the group)
02. In the 'Blending Options: Default' under the Advanced Blending, set the Fill Opacity to 0%
03. Set the Knockout: Deep
04. Save your image as PNG.

(Basically the text will puch hole anything that is underneath. Saving the file as a png will preserve that hole)

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> Tools and Panels All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: