PhotoshopForums.com Home
Navigate Contact FAQ Search Members
text size problem
Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion
 See a User Guidelines violation? Please contact us.

BrideXIII

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 6:15 pm    Post subject: text size problem Reply with quote

ok my photoshop seems to have had a fit somewhere along the line.
even though i haven't changed any setting the text is coming out so small you cant even see it even when its set at 72 pt.

i have reinstalled till i am blue in the face and tried all sorts , I just cant figure out whats wrong, any ideas anyone?

WildWitchin | Template Magic | The Cauldron | Celestial Magic

Arthur

PostPosted: Thu Aug 14, 2003 7:53 pm    Post subject: Reply with quote

I have a few.

First make sure that no area is selected.

Second (this is more of an after the fact fix), once you type it out, use Ctrl T to select transform and drag a corner to make the text bigger (hold shift to keep proportions).

Third: What's your resolution per inch and the total size in inches of your image you are working on?

Fourth: Use a different font, not all fonts are the same size at 10 point.

Good Luck

And as the bright star fell, we watched what we knew would be the last day of this journey and the beginning of the next. In its bitter sweet irony of what it stood for as it orbited, we could only ask our selves if we did the right thing. We could only wonder if that was our proper destiny. To suffer more sorrow, more joys, more sadness, more life, and unfortunately enough . . . more death than anybody else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

BrideXIII

PostPosted: Fri Aug 15, 2003 7:03 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

first option is the only one that works, odd thing is its fine in image ready? secondly the resolution is set to the default thats not been changed.
thirdly it seems to have lost its styles ability too?? very odd all working except bevel and emboss parts of the styles, no matter where you put the settings thats not showing either, although this too works perfectly in image ready. having reinstalled it 5 times now, it is driving me mad, even when i reinstall after a shutdown its remembering the settings from when it was previously loaded?

as for the fonts it makes no difference what font is used, when i say its unreadable i mean the text is actually only about 1px high.

edited:

update on the styles issue, it appears to be only the preloaded styles and those i have downloaded ( they worked previously i have dozens)
if i make my own and save it as a new style, it seems to be ok? very odd, some of the settings i need to use distance wise , say for drop shadow seem exessive to get the effect i need.
at this point I am totally stumped as to what the problem is, all the preloaded styles work fine in image ready (thank the gods or i would be stuffed completely) but its a bit of a pain to have to keep swapping between the two.

BrideXIII

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 5:09 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Arthur wrote:
I have a few.

Third: What's your resolution per inch and the total size in inches of your image you are working on?

Turned out it WAS this, in the preferences, although I hadn't reset it so I assumed it was the default setting, odd thing was it reset itself after I downloaded and installed another adobe product ( I am sure these programmes conspire against me), so as soon as it was back to normal I noticed the res was different.

styles are working again too, all very strange, but at least I dont have to swap back and forth anymore for text.

Oh and the new Prog? Atmosphere.........any one else tried it yet? its nowhere near the standard of Bryce or 3d max, but its quite good for basic scenes.

Arthur

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:20 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

I noticed the same changes when I installed illustrator after having 7.0 for a while.

Good luck with the work

And as the bright star fell, we watched what we knew would be the last day of this journey and the beginning of the next. In its bitter sweet irony of what it stood for as it orbited, we could only ask our selves if we did the right thing. We could only wonder if that was our proper destiny. To suffer more sorrow, more joys, more sadness, more life, and unfortunately enough . . . more death than anybody else.
View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Yahoo Messenger MSN Messenger

BrideXIII

PostPosted: Sat Aug 16, 2003 9:49 am    Post subject: Reply with quote

Glad i wasn't going mad then LOL

Post new topic   Reply to topic    PhotoshopForums.com Forum Index -> General Photoshop and Design Discussion All times are GMT - 6 Hours
Page 1 of 1
Jump to: